Friday, June 15, 2012

MercerMZ review (with videos): So You Think You Can Dance, Salt Lake City auditions

Hello everybody! This is MercerMZ here, bringing you my very first write-up for the blog! Before I continue, I must congratulate 8 Flavahz for making the Final 2 and Elektrolytes for becoming America's Best Dance Crew. I figured since NinjaBoi has been very busy lately, he wouldn't mind if someone else would like to cover the 9th season of So You Think You Can Dance. So without further ado, I turn your attention to the final set of auditions, coming from Salt Lake City, Utah. Just like last week, since this show only focused on one particular city, there were lots of standouts here.
My top pick for the night: Leroy Martinez - (29 yrs. old, from Sacramento, CA) Dancing to Chris Brown's "Yeah x3". Hands down, this was not only my favorite Salt Lake City audition, but also my favorite audition this season! I won't spoil it for you, but let me just say, being a slightly big guy myself, I love watching big guys bust a move. And not just bust a move, but also completely murder their set. Plus, he has such a fantastic personality; By the time it was over, I was standing up and applauding him, along with the audience.
Click here to read and see more of my favorites. And return tomorrow for my predictions of who will do well in the SYTYCD Las Vegas round and make it to the Top 20.

No comments:

Post a Comment